Sunday, March 2, 2008

Concept No.2

Fig 1. Chrome model (Handle folded)


Fig 2. Handle folded



Fig 3 . Handle opened



This is the second concept of the product. The handle is foldable and locks with a detent in the 2 positions. Also handle is so designed that its contour matches perfectly with that of the nozzle of the hair dryer, to give a seamless feel in folded position. Also, the slanting front-end gives a futuristic appeal and also better directed flow. We are awaiting your comments eagerly.
(CAD model done in SolidWorks ).

4 comments:

may_omega said...

I really like the chrome with the handle folded. That looks very sleek. Do you think the handle shape will be comfortable to hold?

Unknown said...

I like how the handle folds up. I'm sure it would make it easier to pack in a suitcase. I'm kind of curious to know how the curved design of the blower would improve airflow.

Prasanna Gadkari (M.Des in Product Design from I.I.Sc. ) said...

In reply to Debra's comment...
The handle has a curved grip. When you hold the device in a typical usage scenario, you can observe the shape of your palm axis. This type of grip is commonly emplyed in many devices like spray guns and wrenches where you need to turn the devices in very awkward position.

Alex said...

These sketches are much cooler than what I had originally envisioned. I think they capture the high-tech feel that will attract the consumers in our target market.